Wednesday 17 July 2013

Mid-Week Motivation for a Non-Inked Stamp or New Decoupage

Every week on a Wednesday the Design Team member of Make My Monday, who chose the challenge theme provides you with a Mid- Week Motivation project to hopefully guide, instruct or simply inspire you. I decided to make 3 bookmarks where I have used the same new stamp but in different ways, hoping to give that inspiration if you need it.

The Bookmark on the LEFT is a simple Monochrome approach, using a white piece of card, and a black ink pad for the stamp. I have also added further interest stamping a few leaves from another set of stamps. I dragged around the outer edge with the chisel nib of a black marker pen. Added fibres and ribbons.
The CENTRE example shows how my adding pretty papers to your bookmark, you don't need to add any further colouring to the background. I have only coloured the birds, made a small flower using a stamp and again added fibres and ribbon.
The final bookmark on the RIGHT is more of a Vintage style, I coloured the background with TH Distress inks Old Paper, Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain. All the stamping was done using a black ink pad. I added a piece of lace and a fancy button, along with the fibres and ribbon to embellish it.
Stamps Used----
Left -Bird Cage with two birds from Inkylicious. My non - inked stamp.
Left - Leaves - Paperartsy - Flora and Fauna 3
Centre -The small flower - from Dreamees
Right Border top and bottom from La Blanche stamps.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous bird cage stamp and you've made three beautiful and varied bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous bookmarks Caz.
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.